It’s been predicted that by the end of the year, mobile web usage will surpass desktop web usage. For businesses, this is a clear motive for mobile design and mobile-friendly marketing to be stronger than ever. Don’t have a mobile strategy yet? These 10 facts might change your mind.
- 53% of millennials would rather lose their sense of smell than their phones
- 77% of people are willing to opt-in to texts to receive coupons or deals
- Half of B2B businesses sell through mobile
- 91% of adults keep their mobile phones within reach at all times
- 1 in 5 Facebook users are mobile-only
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action or purchase intention
- Mobile phone users pick up their smartphones over 100 times a day
- There are 5x as many mobile phones in the world than computers
- On average, people spend 3.3 hours per day on their smartphones
- The world has more mobile phones than toothbrushes
Joe Fox is Studio Culture’s Business and Development Director.