Google is currently rolling out Local Services Ads (LSAs). Currently, these ads are only available in Canada and the United States – although they will be coming to Australia this year. To keep up to date with Local Services in your area, check the business eligibility on the LSA signup page.
What Are Local Services Ads?
Local Services Ads (LSAs) show up at the top of Google search results when people search for services in their local area. These ads are intended to further facilitate connecting searchers with the right results.
The Local Services Ad format (which you can see above) displays the company name, review rating, city, phone number and hours of operation. Leads gained from these ads come in the form of phone calls or messages that are sent directly through the ad. The company can respond to these leads, track bookings and manage their leads through the Local Services app. Advertisers are only charged for valid leads (which, depending on the job and the market, cost between $6 – $30 per lead). If a company receives a lead that is a poor match (or fraudulent), the company can dispute the charge for credit.
Although there are correlations between Google Ads and Google My Business, LSAs operate independently of both. This means that a Local Services Ad and a Google Ads campaign can run at the same time.
What Are the Benefits of LSAs?
Local Services Ads come with a range of benefits, including:
- Get results at the top of Google
- No ads or keywords to manage
- Get included in voice search results
- Highlight your positive reviews/ratings
- Connect with local customers who are more likely to book/buy
- Use the mobile app to easily communicate with your customers
- Only pay for leads that are relevant to your business
- Build trust with the Google Guarantee (you must pass Google’s screening process to get this)
Want to Find out More?
If you want to find out more about how LSAs could impact your business, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Studio Culture.
Rhiana is one of our fantastic content writers.