Just writing to let you know that Studio Culture will be closed from the 24th of December until the 7th of January. We are working overtime in the lead up to this break, to make sure that we (as always) go above and beyond for our clients.
2018 was a massive year for Studio Culture. We continued to work with our long-term clients, worked with new businesses and spent countless hours strategising, writing, researching, reporting, designing and developing.
2018 was also a pretty huge year for digital marketing in general – below we have listed some of the biggest updates and news stories from 2018.
The Biggest Digital Marketing Updates & News Stories from 2018
- Social media surpasses newspapers as the primary news source!
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is passed through the EU parliament
- Instagram Stories becomes twice as popular as Snapchat, and more than 400 million people use it every day (up from 250 million in 2017)
- Google Medic Update majorly impacts health/medical sites
- Facebook adjusts feed to feature more content from friends and family and fewer advertisements
- Google puts a stop to plans for a censored search engine in China (let’s just say the plan wasn’t well received)
- Millennials’ trust in businesses and advertising faulters
- Fake news surges, and Facebook is working to stop it
- Facebook is sued over Cambridge Analytica – as a result, marketers have had to ethink their marketing, privacy and data policies
Want to Improve Your Marketing in 2019?
If you want to improve your digital marketing (and therefore your sales) in 2019, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Studio Culture. We specialise in a range of digital services, including SEO, social media marketing, web design, company branding and more.
We hope you have a fantastic Christmas and a happy New Year!
Rhiana is one of our fantastic content writers.