Midweight WordPress/PHP Developer
Position: Mid WordPress/PHP Developer
We are looking for someone who loves the atmosphere and opportunity that comes with working in a boutique web and digital marketing agency that specialises in eCommerce, SEO and online marketing services for local and international clients. We are a young, friendly team based in the Fortitude Valley and are looking to grow in the coming months.
Nature of the Role
In this role the initial day to day tasks will include:
- Working off a full brief with annotations to convert Figma to Responsive WordPress websites;
- Build out custom WordPress themes (from scratch, no page builders, no pre-bought templates);
- Cross browser and device compatibility testing;
- Report to the Director;
- Maintenance of large WordPress/WooCommerce websites
- Communicating effectively and collaborating with the rest of the team;
- Ensuring the quality of work is of the highest standard;
- Manage your own time efficiently and effectively.
You must have
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a similar development role;
- In-depth knowledge of utilising WordPress core functionality & Sound knowledge of the WordPress hierarchy.
- Experience building fluid mobile-responsive layouts with cross-browser compatibility (IE 10 Minimum).
- A portfolio of previous projects (local/production) to show implementing core and extending WordPress functionality.
- Gulp / NPM
- WordPress Plugins: Advanced Custom Fields Pro
The perfect candidate will:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- Be very personable;
- Practice high attention to detail and able to hit deadlines set;
- Ability to manage tasks and communicate with co-workers;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Learning and networking opportunities
- Work from home on Mondays & Tuesdays
- Attending relevant industry events / seminars
- Flat management structure so everyone has input across the business
- Mentoring and development within a digital agency
- Career progression
- Casual and fun team environment
- Team lunches and Friday drinks
- Snack bar
- Day off for your birthday
This opportunity will allow you to take control of your role, it gives you flexibility and autonomy to setup your workflow as you see fit as well as have valuable input in both your projects and the business.
If you think you have what it takes, send us your CV with links to websites you’ve worked on listing out exactly what your role was. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org