Position: Mid Frontend WordPress/PHP Developer
We are looking for someone who loves the atmosphere and opportunity that comes with working in a boutique web and digital marketing agency that specialises in eCommerce, SEO and online marketing services for local and international clients. We are a young, friendly team based in Brisbane City and are looking to grow in the coming months.
Nature of the Role
In this role the initial day to day tasks will include:
- Working off a full brief with annotations to convert Sketch to Responsive WordPress websites;
- Build out custom WordPress themes (From scratch, no page builders, no pre-bought templates);
- Modify existing websites;
- Cross browser and device compatibility testing;
- Report to the Director;
- Maintenance of large WordPress/WooCommerce websites with Development/Staging/Production environments using git.
You must have
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a similar development role;
- In-depth knowledge of utilising WordPress core functionality (I.E – Action/filter hooks, CPT/Taxonomies, conditionals etc).
- Sound knowledge of the WordPress hierarchy.
- Sound knowledge of the Bootstrap framework.
- Ideally knowledge of Sage and twig/timber
- Experience building fluid mobile-responsive layouts with cross-browser compatibility (IE 10 Minimum).
- A portfolio of previous projects (local/production) to show implementing core and extending WordPress functionality.
- Solid understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, (primarily SASS)
- Bootstrap 4
- Twig Templating Engine (https://twig.symfony.com/)
- Timber (https://www.upstatement.com/timber/)
- Sage 8.5.4
- Gulp / Bower / NPM
- Advanced Custom Fields Pro
- Image optimization/adjustments
- Communicating effectively and collaborating with the rest of the team;
- Ensuring the quality of work is of the highest standard;
- Manage your own time efficiently and effectively.
The perfect candidate will:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- Be very personable;
- Practice High attention to detail and able to hit deadlines set;
- Ability to manage tasks and communicate with co-workers;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Learning and networking opportunities
- Attending relevant industry events / seminars
- Flat management structure so everyone has input across the business
- Mentoring and development within a digital agency
- Career Progression
- Casual and fun team environment
- Team lunches and Friday drinks
- Snack bar
- Day off for your birthday
This opportunity will allow you to take control of your role, it gives you flexibility and autonomy to setup your workflow as you see fit as well as have valuable input in both your projects and the business.
If you think you have what it takes, send us your CV with links to websites you’ve worked on listing out exactly what your role was.
Email us on [email protected]