Every company needs SEO. From helping a startup come up with a product to sell to aiding a thriving enterprise expand internationally, SEO can be a highly profitable resource for a company.
For many, SEO continues to be a very confusing concept. Use this guide to find out what “SEO Brisbane” exactly is, and 4 reasons why it’s necessary for the growth of your business.
What is SEO?
In essence, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is the process of helping brands, products and services get discovered online through numerous channels and processes, particularly search engines such as Google.
Here’s how SEO can help your company become more profitable:
1. SEO can help startups find the viability of their business idea.
Let’s say you’re thinking about starting a brand new online business. SEO tools can help you discover how many people are searching for the products you’re selling and how viable they really are.
For example, if you’re thinking about selling leather handbags in Australia, you can use Google Keyword Planner to see how many people, on average, search for “leather handbags” on Google every month. As you can see below, Google Keyword Planner also suggests other keywords you could take advantage of.
You can then use Google Trends to see how popular leather handbags are online, and if it is increasing in popularity over time.
2. SEO can help your business get discovered online
Let’s say you’ve opened a family law firm in Brisbane. SEO could help your law firm get discovered on search engines like Google and Bing whenever people would search terms such as “family law firm”.
SEO can also help your business get discovered online on numerous other platforms, such as directories, news sites, external blogs, online PR and more.
Through online PR, we have helped clients appear on established platforms such as Ten Play, realestate.com.au, The Urban List, Sydney Morning Herald and more – all without them having to invest in each platform’s advertising fees.
3. SEO can help your business remain competitive and keep growing
Working synonymously with other elements of the inbound marketing process, SEO can help your customers return to your business while obtaining new ones to keep growing it.
Some ways this could be accomplished would be through:
- Keeping in touch with search engines: search engine algorithms are always evolving. By educating yourself with the with their ever-changing algorithms and priorities, you will be able to adapt and adjust your strategy to remain competitive and searchable online.
- Remaining relevant to market demand: through SEO strategies such as keyword optimisation, your company will be able to stay relevant and provide your customers with what they’re searching for.
- Sound SEO practices also include always keeping the user experience in mind: having a website that is user-friendly and memorable can work wonders for your business.
- Helping you sell your products and services: whether you’re running an E-Commerce store or a basic, five page website, SEO can help increase your online bottom line.
- SEO can strengthen your brand awareness significantly and cost-effectively: through online PR, link building and other SEO initiatives, your company has the potential to be mentioned, endorsed and discovered by thought leaders, influencers and potential customers all over the world – all before even seeing your website or seeing any of your advertising
4. SEO can help you grow internationally
Want to strengthen your company’s web presence internationally? A firm understanding of sound SEO practices can help you maximise the impact of your expansion.Let’s say you’re an established Australian meat supplier considering to strengthen your online presence in China and Japan.
SEO can help answer the following questions:
- Will it be more effective to shift from a .com.au website to a .com website, create entirely new .jp and .cn websites, or create subfolders such as .com/jp and .com/cn?
- Should you translate the website or make it remain English? If it remained English, would it be safe to create exact duplicates of these websites for each country?
- Where should you host your website?
- Is there an online demand for your products in these particular markets?
- How would you gain search traffic from these international markets?
This is just the beginning. Once you understand that SEO is crucial in every aspect of your company’s marketing process, you can benefit from its many advantages. What are your experiences with SEO? Feel free to comment below, or contact us to discuss implementing SEO into your own business.